Wakefield Research is the best in the industry at crafting research that produces newsworthy stories and organically connect brands to the news. We work with the most prominent brands in the world: from consumer packaged goods to technology to travel, and more. Our survey results appear daily in top-tier media, such as The Wall Street Journal, USA TODAY, NPR and NBC’s “TODAY Show.”
We are seeking a Media and Editorial Director to manage the Public Relations Polling Division’s Editorial team. This individual will play an integral role in ensuring that our market research surveys tell compelling news stories that will resonate with our clients’ target media.
This is one of the most unique job opportunities in the Washington, D.C., area. It is an opportunity to work every day with the world’s most influential brands, to see your work highlighted in the biggest media outlets, and to leave a personal stamp on company culture and staff development.
- Superior writing skills, including the ability to quickly learn and write about a wide range of topics with varying levels of complexity in a compelling, concise manner
- Superior copy editing skills
- Excellent ideation skills with the ability to generate interesting and relevant concepts, potential survey findings and appealing headlines that will drive news coverage
- Intimate familiarity and understanding of the news cycle and journalism environment, including what it takes to craft stories that generate media coverage
- Excellent managerial skills, with the ability to train and direct multiple staff members on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team and interact professionally and effectively with peers and managers
- Team player with a passion and appreciation for learning the methods that have made Wakefield Research a success
- Minimum 7-10 years of professional work experience in journalism, public relations or a related field
- Extensive experience organizing and managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Extensive experience forming conclusions and providing concise written reports, articles or press materials on a wide range of topics with varying levels of complexity
- Experience managing and training staff
- Previous media relations experience a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Candidates who do not submit both will not be considered.
Candidates will be contacted directly by the research firm. Please do not call or e-mail the firm to verify receipt of your materials. A writing test will be administered to candidates selected for in-person interviews. No recruiters please.
What Is Wakefield Research?
Wakefield is a full-service market research firm that specializes in teaching brands how to solve problems and how to grow their business. Wakefield Research is a partner to the world’s leading consumer brands and PR agencies, including 50 of the Fortune 100. We conduct research in 70 countries.