Our Surveys Make News
Wakefield Research is the country’s leading market research firm specializing in custom PR surveys. The PR Polling team is dedicated to helping you reach top editors, writers and producers through rigorous but affordable custom surveys. Here are just a few of the ways we help our clients:
- We do all the legwork. While it is impossible to eliminate all risk from research, by relying on our public opinion expertise, we write the questions most likely to return newsworthy results. This means that you don’t waste questions on concepts unlikely to return useful data. We combine this with our knowledge of the media landscape to make sure that your data isn’t just attention-getting, but also newsworthy.
- We know what’s newsworthy. We write a Pitch Guide, which shows you how your survey can build a newsworthy story. It’s written by our Editorial Panel of journalists, researchers and PR pros, and includes headlines, story angles and “snapshot-style” charts and graphs. This is part of what makes us the best in the industry at using surveys to drive news coverage.
- We’ve got your back – for the life of your data. We’ll proof press materials for data accuracy, answer questions you field from the media, and do what we can to make sure that you can focus on what matters: making headlines.
The Custom Survey Advantage
- Cost-effectiveness. If you want to field a PR survey of more than ten questions, then a custom PR survey is likely your most cost-effective option. If you have fewer questions, consider our omnibus.
- Specialized Target Audiences. Custom PR surveys are ideal for interviewing targeted audiences that do not make up a substantial percentage of the population, such as doctors or small business owners.
- Building a News Bureau. You can increase the return on your survey dollars (and your opportunities for coverage) by building multiple news angles into a custom PR survey.
- Identifying Large or Complicated Trends. Identifying complicated trends requires a substantial study in order to be credible with the media. This is only possible with a custom PR survey.
Wakefield Research fields custom PR surveys to audiences such as doctors, C-level executives, IT decision makers, small business owners, teens and tweens, parents, teachers and many other audiences. Custom surveys allow you to add custom demographics, reach specialized audiences, and build a deeper story.